Latest Intel Wi-Fi drivers for Windows 10 fix multiple bugs
- You can now download Intel Wi-Fi adapter drivers for Windows 10.
- The drivers package version 21.90.3 fixes multiple system bugs.
- Visit the News page to catch up on the latest Windows 10 insights and developments.
- Our Intel section covers much more from the leading microchip maker. Don't hesitate to check it out!
Intel processors are among those compatible with Windows 10 version 2004, which ships soon. The company’s new 10th chips are also built for the super-fast Wi-Fi 6. Recently, Intel updated Wi-Fi drivers for Windows 10 to fix a broad array of bugs, including the BSOD.
However, the latest Intel Wi-Fi adapter drivers are only for Windows 10. The company announced that it was no longer shipping software updates for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, starting with update 21.50.1.
Intel Wi-Fi drivers version 21.90.3 address hardware glitches
Update 21.90.3 addresses the following issues:
- The frustrating BSOD error is among the bugs the update fixes. The error results from issues like driver incompatibility, preventing you from accessing your Windows 10 desktop. In this specific case, the Intel Wi-Fi adaptor driver caused the OS to crash.
- A problem where Wi-Fi 6-capable smartphones failed to connect to mobile hotspot at a specific frequency (5 GHz).
- A Wi-Fi disconnection issue when connected to certain access points such as Apple Airport and Asus AX.
- The Wi-Fi connectivity scan list would show nothing after resuming from Sleep mode when using a system with Modern Standby.
- Disruption of audio when streaming online video.
Other bug fixes or changes are:
- Intel Wireless-AC 9560 connection p to NETGEAR Access Point Nighthawk RAX80 W
- When hibernate or Shutdown followed by resume performed and Airplane mode is enabled, Bluetooth does not turn on upon exit Airplane mode.
- Reduced Wi-Fi throughput on specific channel.
Additionally, the latest version of Intel PROSet/Wireless software includes functional and security updates.
Intel is not pushing these fixes automatically, so you need to head on over to the download page to install them.
It is also essential to note that the update is only for select Wi-Fi adapters. So, not all Windows 10 users should download the fixes and functional improvements.
Here’s the list of supported Intel wireless adapters:
|Intel Wireless Adapter||Windows 10|
|Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201||126.96.36.199|
|Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200||188.8.131.52|
|Intel Wireless-AC 9560||184.108.40.206|
|Intel® Wireless-AC 9461/ 9462||220.127.116.11|
|Intel Wireless-AC 9260||18.104.22.168|
|Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265||22.214.171.124|
|Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260||126.96.36.199|
|Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168||188.8.131.52|
|Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165||184.108.40.206|
|Intel Wireless 7265 Family (Rev.D)||220.127.116.11|
You’re always welcome to leave any questions or suggestions in the comments section below.
How to fix WiFi \u0026 wireless network adapter problems in Windows 10 (2 Alternative Methods)